As DevOps Engineer you will be part of a small, highly skilled development team. You will be developing cutting-edge security and web solutions for various clients. You will get involved in managing highly available and fully scalable web services products, which handle huge load with high speed and low latency, by using cutting edge software development and testing technologies.
- Deployment of releases into test and development environments.
- Work to improve overall functionality and performance of the web services and in order to deliver the best customer experience.
- Planning, design and implementation of the work.
- Configuration and integration, and liaising with a range of key stakeholders.
- Act as resource for colleagues and provide assistance to other functional areas such as development and system test and customer support.
- Work independently with a moderate level of guidance and direction.
Skills and Experience:
- BS / MS Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Professional experience managing high availability deployments
- Demonstrable experience within Linux/Unix environments
- Excellent knowledge of monitoring tools
- Experience with automation/configuration management systems
- Experience of networks, security, load balancers, DNS and other infrastructure components
- Ability to code and script
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies (experience with PHP is required)
- 3 years' experience in Object Oriented Design and Programming
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, dependent on experience and education
- Personal development, possibility to follow trainings and courses
- Room for own initiative and input
- Travelling expenses compensation or Dutch railway train card subscription
- Comfortable working place in the center of Leiden, walking distance from central station.